About Me

Sok Sobi. I enjoy taking pictures of people and places, particular interest in Landscape, People and Travel photography. Pictures and stories that bring Social Awareness and the potential for long term social change or policy are important to me. I use Canon Digital Cameras (EOS 2,4 plus ,Fuji X Pro 1,2 XT2,3 Xe1,2) with a selection of Canon lenses, the 24-105 IS f4L being my favourite at present. I use Lightroom & Photoshop Elements to edit my work. Canon equipment and lenses give me just what I need, reliability and high IQ. I am now living and working in Cambodia, South East Asia, using Phnom Penh as a base to explore the region. I publish stories that are important to me on my blog but always try to give a balanced picture.

Thursday 11 April 2013

Khmer New Year

also known as Chol Chnam Thmay.

Held in mid-April, the festival occurs in 3 days (4 days for leap year). Each festival day has a different name:
The first day is named “Moha Songkran” (or Chol sangkran Chmay)
The second day is named “Wanabat” ( or Wonbof)
The third day is named “Tngai Laeung Saka” ( or Lom Sak)
The forth day (only in leap years) is also named Wonbof
In this holiday, people usually visit each other, wish each other fortune, health, prosperity and join many fun games together.

Will nopefully be out getting some pictures from the 14th of April.








No comments:

Post a Comment